Informacje na temat kursu
This course provides an introduction and practical training in installing cable nipples for Ex e and Ex d, cable glands, breathable cable glands, blind plugs and terminal plugs.
Electricians, technicians, engineers and electrician apprentices.
● The structure of various typical Ex nipples and glands.
● Requirements regarding norms for separation and markings (IS and NON IS).
● Curve radius for cables and selecting the correct clamp.
● Bundling cables to meet applicable norms.
● Terminations cf. Ex t protection enclosures and the number of terminal blocks.
● Sheath strippers, termination sleeves and heat-shrinkable tubing.
● Packing MCT for cable glands.
Practical exercises use panels giving particular attention to using the correct tools and techniques for de-sheathing cables and installing nipples and termination sleeves. Practical exercises in laying cables and MCT cable entry.
Course requirements: Course participants must have completed the Ex Basic course.
Ex maintenance, Exi basic, IECEx CoPC course and certification: he course gives the following competence/qualifications: Practical installation and assembly of cable glands/nipples (Ex d and Ex e), termination and cable entry. The course also provides a useful foundation for passing the practical part of the exam in IECEx CoPC modules 003 and 006, Installation and Testing.
What courses should I take after this one? Ex maintenance, Exi basic, IECEx CoPC course and certification.
NEK EN IEC 60079-14 Annex A pt.3.3 sets requirements on the documentation of practical competence for operators and technicians who install Ex equipment.